An HPI Check is the industry standard way of performing a full identity check on all vehicles. HPI Checks are performed by using over 60 million identities recorded with the DVLA and DVLNI.
It confirms the make, model, derivative, door plan, original colour, transmission and engine size. It will include a record of how many changes of keeper have been recorded. A HPI Check will confirm the true age of the vehicle, in terms of the year it was built and the date it was first registered at DVLA. This allows you assess the plausibility of its mileage, and its true value.
As a matter of policy we HPI check all our vehicles to give peace of mind. The mileage is checked, and we can see if a vehicle has outstanding finance owing or has damage repaired. A full HPI Certificate is supplied at the point of sale, that provides extra supporting documentation that the vehicle is clear of any issues.
Some benefits of a HPI check:
- The most comprehensive check on the market
- In the industry since 1938
- We can tell you if a vehicle is stolen, written off, on sale without the owner's permission, has a hidden history disguised by private plates
- Have strong relationships with finance companies, insurance companies and the police
- Have a dedicated contact centre